I think we can all agree that it’s much easier to use thicker-than-usual anti-aging creams during the colder months. However, we should not be neglecting anti-aging skincare just because it’s hot and humid, either. Here’s how to nail down your summer nighttime skincare routine— incorporating lightweight products that don’t weigh your face down.
Now… Assuming you’ve taken off all your makeup,
1. CLEANSING—where it all begins. Depending on your skin type, choose the type of cleanser that’s right for you. For those that have normal to oily skin, I recommend A.True’s Sweet Song Black Tea One Step Cleansing Water. It’s formulated with a whopping 87% high quality black tea water, which contains an abundant amount of antioxidants that fight off free radicals. It has a pH level of 4.7 – 5.7, which makes it friendly for sensitive skin. For normal to dry skin, I recommend A.True’s Sweet Song Black Tea Cleansing Foam. It creates a rich lather to remove all impurities while helping your skin to retain its hydration.
2. TONING—the hot weather can easily throw off your face’s pH level, so using a toner is a must. I recommend using A.True’s Violet Petal Black Tea Hydrating Toner. It prevents your skin from getting too oily in the T-zone and too dry in the U-zone—which is something that every combination skin type desires. For those who need a bit more hydration, I recommend Klairs’s Supple Preparation Facial Toner, which has a water-like texture. It’s also extremely hydrating and alcohol-free, which makes it perfect for those who like the ‘7 Skin Method.’
3. ESSENCE—because this is the first thing we’re exposing to right after cleansing and toning, we want to make sure that our choice of essence is really good. I recommend either Soroci’s EGF Essence or A.True’s Real Black Tea True Active Essence. (By the way, EGF stands for Epidermal Growth Factor, and this is what helps your skin to regenerate new cells in order to replace the old ones). Soroci’s EGF Essence is formulated with rice bran oil, a skin superfood that contains a high level of antioxidants. A.True’s Real Black Tea True Active Essence is formulated with 81% Black Tea Fermentation, which fills in every layer of the dermis and epidermis with antioxidants.
4. SERUMS—now this is where we’re tuning our anti-aging radar on “high.” Instead of having to use thick creams to get your anti-aging benefits, I recommend using Klairs’s Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop. This is a recent arrival that people have been loving! It’s a beautiful blue serum that literally feels like water, so you don’t have to worry about rubbing a million times for the product to absorb into your skin. What’s so special about this serum is that it not only targets the wrinkles we can see, but also the fine wrinkles that we cannot see. It penetrates deep into your skin and nips the wrinkles that are wanting to surface onto your skin. (Remember, prevention is key). It also contains EGF and bFGF. Like mentioned before, EGF stands for Epidermal Growth Factor, and this is what helps your skin to regenerate new cells in order to replace the old ones. bFGF is Fibroblast Growth Factor, and this is responsible for the synthesis of collagen in your skin. Because it’s so lightweight, it’s ideal for all skin types.
5. MOISTURIZER & CREAM—I think we all know by now that moisturizer is a must to fight any kind of dryness (which leads to aging). For those with combination skin types, I recommend A.True’s Violet Petal Black Tea Moisturizer. Like it’s toner buddy from the same line, this moisturizer prevents excessive oiliness from the T-zone and dehydration from the U-zone. And because it’s formulated with black tea, you know that anti-aging goodness is coming through. For those that need something a bit thicker (but still lightweight), I recommend A.True’s Spring Green Tea Watery Calming Cream. Not only does it contain 71% black tea water, but it also contains a blend of green tea, rose petals and mallow petals that improve moisture retention.
Now for a little optional add-on, I would highly recommend using a sleeping mask once or twice a week. Sleeping masks can often have thick formulas, which makes it ideal for dry, winter nights. However, BRTC’s Jasmine Waterful Sleeping Mask is a super lightweight formula that sinks into your skin seamlessly. It was featured in Ipsy’s July Glam Bag and it sold out on our site immediately after its release. Thankfully, it’s now back in stock!
And that’s it for today! If you have any recommendations of anti-aging products that are great for this time of the year, please leave them in comments down below.
Jenny from Cupidrop