2017 was such a good year for us. We curated dozens of new products into our collection, and testing products back to back helped to narrow down the products we cannot live without. To mark the end of a great year, we decided to put together our Top 17 for 2017!
Warning: it’s a long list, so grab a snack, grab a cup of tea, kick back and enjoy.
1. A.TRUE Spring Green Tea Calming Cream—Previously featured in Ipsy’s August Glam Bag, this lightweight cream says “spring” but is so good for all-year round. It’s infused with green tea and 71% black tea water which provides antioxidants that fight premature aging. The Cupidrop team lovessss—and I mean is in love with this product as it’s good to use both morning and night time, which makes our routine fuss-free.
2. A.TRUE Real Black Tea True Active Essence—Continuing on our love for A.True, a high-quality essence is a must-have for any Korean skincare routine. We adore this essence because you can immediately feel the difference as you pat it into your skin. It contains 81% top-grade black tea fermentation, which is extremely nourishing and provides long-term, anti-aging benefits. It is $44, which is a bit higher priced than most of the products in our collection, but we think the quality of the essence and the amount of product you get extends further than the price!
3. BRTC Jasmine Waterful Sleeping Mask—We could not believe the love this product got from our shoppers! Previously featured in Ipsy as well, this product sold out several times on our site, which proves that skincare lovers cannot get enough of this. As soon as you put it on, you literally see the water drops forming, which are eager to penetrate into your skin for ultimate hydration. It’s the perfect mask to finish off your night skincare routine and seals in moisture to prevent any dryness or irritation while you sleep.
4. CLIV Max Hyaluronic Mask Pack Duo—Another item that we could not keep in stock! Also featured in Ipsy, this mask rescued us every time we experienced dehydration. The fit is comfortable, the essence is juicy and the after-effects is pure glow. You also get two masks for the price of one which is a huge bonus!
5. SECRET KEY Honey & Tea Tree Mask Duo—Another mask duo that we love! If you’re looking for hydrating and acne-fighting masks for the price of one, look no further. The honey version provides ample moisture and nutrition so your skin feels hydrated all day and all night. The tea tree version cools and soothes any irritation and prevents acne from flaring up.
6. COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch—I think we can all agree that this product is a sure-winner as it saved us from so many bad acne days! Does anyone else get stressed throughout the day if they know they have a big red buddy strutting on your face as you go about your day? But with this product, you just slap this little baddie on your red enemy and not worry about it for the rest of the day. No wonder why it won Teen Vogue’s 2017 Acne Awards!
7. KLAIRS Supple Preparation Facial Toner—Lightweight, refreshing and so soothing. What more could you want in a toner? It’s alcohol-free so it’s perfect for the 7-Skin Method—the best skin rescue method when your face is out of control. It revitalizes and calms even the most sensitive skin and contains β-Glucans and Lipidure to increase your moisture retention rate by a whopping 20%.
8. KLAIRS Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop—Vitamin C can be super tricky for those with sensitive skin. Most of the time, it can be irritating and prone to inducing redness. However, Klairs’ version only contains 5% Ascorbic Acid, which is the perfect amount for those with sensitive skin. As it’s blended into the skin, it warms up and rejuvenates your complexion for a burst of energy.
9. KLAIRS Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask—This mask was created specifically to go along with the above-mentioned Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop. Vitamin E makes sure that skin’s barrier is well protected and stabilized while soothing any inflammation, making it perfect to use after a product that contains Vitamin C. Using it together really made the difference—our complexion looked even brighter and the redness was significantly reduced! Best of all, the texture is so fun—it’s almost like a jelly texture. Once you dip your finger, the cream forms to each other and smoothes out, making it look “untouched” the next day! The formula is a bit on the heavier side, so we suggest using it for the nighttime.
10. BENTON Aloe BHA Skin Toner—This toner was our summer favorite. While the warmer weather was a thumbs up, it also brought clogged pores, oily t-zone and acne flare-ups. However, using this toner after gentle cleansing reduced redness and soothed any sun irritation. It also contains the perfect amount of BHA to exfoliate any dead skin, which can easily accumulate throughout the hot months.
11. PYUNKANG YUL Mist Toner—We love this toner because of its ability to quickly absorb into the skin! It’s also made up of only FIVE ingredients (yes, really!). It’s antioxidant-rich and anti-inflammatory and we dieeeeee for the simple, modern packaging. The small version (100 ml) is perfect to take on-the-go and the bigger version (200 ml) looks amazing on our nightstand.
12. HELLO SKIN Jumiso Masks: Bundle of 5—We love these masks so much, we could not just pick one. Not only is the fit and formula amazing, we can’t get over how cute the packaging is. It also caters to whatever you need, whether it may be brightening, soothing, calming or intense moisture.
13. ULTRU I’m Sorry for My Skin SOS in “Calming”—We love all the jelly masks from Ultru, but this has got to be our #1 for this year. A lot of us spend time on the computer and phone and our mind is constantly running with thoughts. This makes it difficult to fall asleep when it’s finally time to hit the sack. Thankfully, this jelly mask that’s laced with gold flakes soothes & cools our skin, takes away inflammation and relaxes us for when it’s time to sleep.
14. COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser—Getting up in the morning can also be hard, so this refreshing cleanser wakes us up for a brand-new, productive day! It contains tea tree extract for a slight, cooling tingle and gets rid of any dead skin cells you accumulated while you slept (ew). And the best part—it doesn’t dry out your skin!
15. BENTON Fermentation Eye Cream—It’s never too early to start using eye cream. This one contains galactomyces fermentation to nip those fine lines and wrinkles at the source! It also comes in a tube packaging, which is super hygiene-friendly and good to take while traveling. A lot of eye creams come in heavy jar packaging, which can be fancy-schmancy, but not travel-friendly.
16. BYWISHTREND Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water—Many of you might be familiar with this product as it was our most recent Beautiful Pioneers item! We received some great feedback on its ability to soothe the skin and unclog stubborn pores. We loved it as much as our BPs did because it’s not as abrasive as other chemical exfoliants and is amazing for prepping our skin before all the heavier serums and moisturizers.
17. PYUNKANG YUL Oil—Our best friend for the winter time! When the temperature is freezing and the wind is harsh, your skin needs some extra love. Its key ingredients include jojoba, sunflower, rosemary and lemon oil. You can use it by itself as the last step of your skincare routine, or mix a couple drops into your favorite moisturizer.
And that’s all for Cupidrop’s Top 17 for 2017!
Watch out next year for our Top 18 for 2018 (we’re keeping up w/ the trend). Comment down below your HG products were for this year + why.
Thanks for reading and I’ll catch you in the next post!
Jenny from Cupidrop